Friday, January 23, 2009

random thoughts...

- i'm stealing a page from eric's book and posting up random thoughts as well

- i'm also stealing one of eric's thoughts: During the winter, I started reading a lot of non-fiction dog books. I had always wanted to read the books by Jon Katz, the author on Slate who always writes about animals, but had never had a chance to until, fortunately, my sister bought me a Sony E-reader. I started with A Dog Year, moved on to A Good Dog, then to Dog Days, and finally to Izzy and Lenore. I also read Marley and Me (note: Do not read if you are prone to waterworks). Theres something about the relationships that form between dogs and their owners which really moves me. The devotion these animals give to their owners is amazingly simple and powerful. I realized I want that and yet the timing never seems right. Sigh... This did lead me to realize I must be masochistic since I read these stories, knowing they're going to make me tear up. Whatevs. Eric had a good link to another bittersweet story about the love of a dog.

- the alarm in my dream woke me up 20 minutes before i wanted to wake up. my roommates wanted some donuts so i wanted to wake up at 6 to go get some round rock donuts. this must have influenced my dream, since i dreamt of ordering round rock donuts online, the texas sized one going for over 50 bucks! i also woke up in my dream, but my dream self was smarter and fell back asleep.

- i'm working on a poem, i think, called "Restless Nights". i hope its not major suckitude

- if you want someone new to listen to, try erin mccarley. her debut cd is called love, save the empty, and its pretty freaking awesome

- i've been listening to a lot of epik high for some reason. here's one of my favorites. fav lyrics are (translation): i hang my head with the weight of the memories / my shoelaces are untied, undone / and all thats next to me is the rain and wind

-
my mood and level of patience in the morning is inversely proportional to when i woke up

1 comment:

  1. it's nice to know that my blogging style is infectious :D

    ReplyDelete