Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What a beautiful mess we live in...

[Listening to...Jason Mraz - A Beautiful Mess]
Through timeless words, and priceless pictures
We'll fly like birds, out of this earth

And times they turn, and hearts disfigure

But that's no concern when we're wounded together

And we tore our dresses, and stained our shirts

But it's nice today, oh the wait it was so worth it...

It was the first week of December. Desiring a short workday and having trouble sleeping anyways, I woke up a little earlier than usual for work. The sky was still fairly dark, deep purple with just the hint of blue lightening the horizon. The morning air was chilly; I felt the bite of mint in my lungs as I breathed in, my warm jacket providing a nice juxtaposition. Per my normal routine, my mind wandered as slowly drove in to work, the music drowning out the morning traffic. The garage was sparsely populated and I had no trouble finding parking. I listened to the tail end of "Mad"*, daydreaming and attempting to put off the dread of work for just a few more minutes. As I walked down the stairs, I saw it. The walkway to the office building was framed by color. Gold, bronze, and copper brushstrokes intermingled with red and orange flames, forming a harmonious symphony of aesthetic delight. The colors dotted the trees and the ground, blending together on a giant green canvas, as if God had allowed Vincent Van Gogh to paint his Red Vineyards on reality. I slowly walked through this masterpiece, my only regret not having the perfect music to accompany the moment.



* NeYo - "Mad"

1 comment: